June 22, 2011

Strange Bedfellows- AND Unscrewuppable Stirfry Sauce

So I awoke this morning to this face staring at me. The little curly tail twitching head cocked wanting attention... My roommates Dog had nuzzled her way into my bed, and curled down next to me, wanting snuggles.

Meanwhile, down the bed, another family friend was doing her best to take up as much room as humanly possible, trying to retain the heat left by Matthew as he got up to go to work.

Why am I not working, you may very well ask.

Well, I brought back from vacation a quite nasty cold/flu thing, as well as a broken toe (Ouchies!) so I'm stuck in the house for the week, but it's not so bad, as We're moving to a new place next week and I'm supposed to be packing for that. (How much is actually getting done is besides the point!

I also decided that I needed to make my ultimate comfort food, a stirfry.


Now, I make stirfries so often, I tend to forget that some people may be unfamiliar with the basic anatomy of a stirfy, ie what should be put in it, what ingredients to use, what sauce to use, etc.

It's super simple.

Basically, you can put anything you want in a stirfry (except mashed things, obviously, but I'm going to assume we're all reasonable intelligent people!) This includes whatever sauce you want. But if you're unsure of what sort of sauce you want to chuck in there, I've got a sure-fire delicious stirfry sauce that I've never once heard a complaint about!



Natalia's Super Easy Unscrewuppable Stirfry Sauce:


Ingredients:
1 tsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp Tamari/Soy Sauce (I use Braggs liquid aminos! Wonderful stuff!)
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1/2 Tsp Minced Ginger
1 tsp Sriracha sauce or other Chili Sauce (Opt, but adds a nice zing)
A dash of red pepper flakes

Directions:
Mix all sauce ingredients (except pepper flakes!) together in a small bowl.
Gradually add to a stirfry. I like to stirfry Vermicelli Noodles with about a cup and a half of mixed frozen vegetables. It also works nicely with rice, tofu, a variety of noodles, tempeh, bean sprouts, fresh veggies, whatever you want!
When it's almost all cooked, add in the pepper flakes. Feel free to add some more as a nice garnish!

And that's it! Simple, and always delicious! I would always recommend using a wok to make stirfries in, it's just shaped right to mix up the sauce and food together!

No comments:

Post a Comment