July 15, 2011

Happy Harry Potter Day!

It's finally here!

It's a bittersweet moment for me, and most people I'd imagine.

The Final Harry Potter movie has arrived, and I'm going out of my mind with excitement! (Sadness too, but excitement mostly!)

So while I bought tickets to the show tonight two weeks ago, I decided I needed to do something slightly festive for the occasion, so made my own version of the quintessential Hogwartsian drink; Butterbeer.

I scoured the web and found probably a hundred different recipes, none of which were both non-alcoholic and vegan (as I'm not big on drinkin) but finally cobbled together one that might not be accurate, but still tastes pretty darned good!
Matthew agrees!


Vegan (cold) Butterbeer
Ingredients:
2 tbsp vegan margarine (earth balance for example)
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
3-6 tbsp non-dairy milk (depending on how thick you want it to be)
Clear Cream Soda

Directions:
In a saucepan, melt the margarine on medium high, and stir in the butter and milk, and bring to a boil while whisking, until sugar is dissolved.
Remove from heat.
Place in the fridge, and allow to cool for a few hours until it's nice and cold.
Pour 3/4 a glass of cream soda, and slowly pour in the butterscotch mixture, stirring a few times to incorporate.
Enjoy and feel the HP love!

No comments:

Post a Comment