July 8, 2011

A sneaky guest and some beans for breakfast

I had a very sneaky guest in my lightbox this morning!

Very Sneaky Fluffernutter Sandwich! Mind you, I should be used to her getting all up into anything I don't want her to be a part of. She just loves covering everything I own in her long white hairs!

Little Jerk!

However, she's so cute that I have to let it go, because she just looks up at me with those innocent little eyes, as though she's saying "Who me? I'm not doing anything!" And then yawns and goes back to sleep, completely unaffected by my frustrations at her.

aren't cats wonderful?

I am not really huge on breakfast foods, I prefer eating lunch for breakfast, and today was no exception with this bean salad I threw together quickly last night for eating this morning. (I also have to work late tonight, so I needed to leave something for matthew to eat or he'd starve, I'm sure! All he knows how to make is rice, so this with some rice, maybe some sliced pepper, he should be good!)

Super Simple Bean Salad
Ingredients:
1 Can Chickpeas
1 Can Red Beans or White beans (whatever kind you like will work!)
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed.
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard.

Directions:
Combine the oil, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl, stirring voraciously to combine. (Or put it in a container with a lid and shake to combine)

In a bowl, combine the chickpeas, beans, and frozen peas. Toss with olive oil mixture.

Eat and Enjoy!

Fluffernutter was, as usual, unimpressed by my bean eating ways.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Anonymous Troll!

    why yes, I am a freak. I am a freak with my freaky healthy internal organs, lack of cholesterol clogging up my arteries, a freak with all of the animals I refuse to murder and eat, a freak indeed! I'll just be on my freaky little way!

    ReplyDelete