September 22, 2011

Pancake Coated Eggplant

I have been ridiculously busy lately, I apologize for my shoddy blog-keeping. My whole personal life in in shambles because my professional life is so busy! Good times!

However, I did make this for my early dinner tonight, and it was bloody delicious, so Enjoy!

Cheezy Pancake Coated Eggplant
Ingredients:
2-4 Slices of eggplant, about 1/2 inch thick
1/2 cup pancake mix (I use bisquick, but whatever you like is fine!)
1 1/2 cup soy milk
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup Daiya Mozarella Shreds

Directions:
Pre-fry the eggplant for about 30 seconds on each side, or microwave for a minute or so, until softened.
In a bowl, mix the pancake mix, soy milk, nutritional yeast, olive oil, and daiya. (You may need to add a bit more soy milk to get it goopy enough, depending on your mix! Also, you might need a bit less, so add it a bit at a time and mix until it's a dippable consistancy)
coat the eggplant slices in it, moving to a non-stick frying pan and frying until the batter is cooked on both sides. The coating of the eggplant is similar to how you would coat for french toast, but make sure to get some of the cheese shreds on it!
Repeat with all the eggplant. If there's any batter left, you can cook them up like pancakes! Delicious!
I like mine with Ketchup! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment