September 16, 2011

Poutine Re-Do

I love poutines, quite a bit. But I try not to flood the blog with all sorts of similar things. However, when I come up with a great alteration to a dish I love, I think I can share it with you.

Usually, I make my poutine Quebecois with some regular white potatoes and sweet potatoes, however, I have discovered that beets can also be used to great effect!

Beet and Potato Poutine
Before Baking, looking good!
Ingredients:
Gravy of your choice, about 1/3 cup
4 small potatoes, cut into fries
2 medium beets, cut into fries
Olive Oil, salt, and pepper
1/2 cup Daiya Mozzarella style

Directions
Preheat the oven to 425.
Coat the fries and beets with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place the fries onto parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, and flip.
Bake for another 15 minutes, until outsides are crispy.
Take a small casserole dish, and cover it in aluminum foil.
Transfer half of the baked fries to the casserole dish.
Sprinkle 1/2 of the Daiya cheese on top of the fries. Add the rest of the fries, and top with the rest of the cheese.
Put the casserole dish into the oven, and bake for approx 10 minutes, until cheese is nice and melty.
Heat up the gravy at the same time.
Remove the fries from the oven, and transfer to a dish. Top with gravy, and enjoy!


Melty Cheese! :)
And for your viewing pleasure, completely unrelated to food... My Grumpy Kitty!


No comments:

Post a Comment