October 17, 2011

Awesome Rice Mixture

I make a lot of things with rice. I can't help it, I love rice. I spose it comes back to my childhood, when my mom only really knew how to cook Thai food, so we ate lots and lots of rice. It has been hard coded into my DNA, I'm sure.

However, I feel quite unhealthy eating only white rice, as it's not as healthy as normal rice, but brown rice isn't my favorite.

So I  make this rice mixture, and it works out quite nicely with a balance of healthy and delicious. It's great in stirfries, with curries and chilies, in sushi, and can be kept in the fridge for a few days as well.

Natalia's 3-Grain rice mixture
Ingredients:
1 cup jasmine rice
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 cup white quinoa
3 cups water

Directions:
There are 2 options- rice cooker and on the stove. The rice cooker is easy. Combine all of the ingredients into the rice cooker, and set to cook. Done.
On a stove, combine the 3 ingredients in a saucepot with a tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it boils, reduce heat to lowest setting, and cover, letting it cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10-15 minutes, fluffing with a fork afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment