November 11, 2011

A no-cook meal for a quiet Friday

I've had a bit of a hectic week, as I may have mentioned! However, after needing to do something for my job this morning (which made me get up very early!) I had absolutely nothing to do in the afternoon.

This is awesome. I caught up on my DVR, I took a bath, I read some e-mails, and I decided to be equally lazy with my meal, and made a no-cook lunch, mostly (le gasp!) pre-prepared. This doesn't mean processed, just pre-made. But I also like to feel slightly fancy, as Tom says, Treat yo self!

So here's what I made:

So in the front, we have rice stuffed grape leaves, in olive oil with mint (you can get these in cans, they're incredibly delicious!) As you can see, there is an abundance of pomegranite seeds. The little grocery I go to (I do most of my shopping at a tiny little independently owned grocery store which carries a lot of imported foodstuffs, which I love. They also have GF noodles, which I appreciate!) had a sale on pomegranites, so I took advantage of that like nobody's business. At first I thought to myself, "Pomegranites won't go with this, will they?" But then I said "Ah, who cares, I'm doing it anyway!"

They tasted awesome with it.
In the back we have brown rice crackers topped with black olive and olive oil puree, a slice of fresh tomato, and more pomegranite seeds.

This dish was flavorful, delicious, easy, and so pretty and colorful to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment