December 10, 2011

Homemade Pizza Pockets

So recently I've become obsessed with making my own puffed pastry. I've been thinking about it, dreaming about it... I want to make Tempeh sausage rolls. I've been dreaming of them.

So I located this. The only change I made was to use Earth Balance sticks instead of butter, and it worked pretty well.

I unfortunately screwed up the combination of the butter and the dough, AND I think my dough needed a bit more water, it was sort of crumbly, so my next attempt will fix these things, and hopefully I can roll it into a sausage roll. Since I couldn't quite roll it the way i wanted, I made pizza pockets instead!
Oooh, this looks good!

What Could be Inside of this?

Oh My Damn!
Pizza Pockets
Ingredients:
Tartlette's GF puffed pastry made with Earth Balance, rolled into rectangles of the same size (Poptart sized)
Diced tomatoes
Daiya Vegan Cheddar
Toppings of your choice (I used sundried tomatoes and mushrooms! Cut them into small pieces)
Basil, Minced Garlic, salt and pepper. 
A little bit of soy milk

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Mix together the tomatoes with the basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place it on the bottom of 1/2 of your rectangles. Leave about 1 cm of space on either side. 
Top with the toppings. Top the toppings with the cheese. 
brush a little soy milk around the edges. 
Place the untopped rectangles on top of the topped rectangles. They usually rip a bit, but if they don't, prick them with a fork in a few places to let steam escape!
Brush the top with some more soy milk. 
Bake for about 15 minutes until the tops are browned. 
Then Eat those things!
To DIE for!


2 comments:

  1. OMG awesome!!!!! My son will be thrilled (and so will I) and they are gluten-free as well.


    www.etsy.com/shop/sweetsmellinsuds

    ReplyDelete
  2. o yum...i bet these are REALLY good...

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete