December 20, 2011

My last puffed Pastry Recipe for a While

I promise, this is the last one!

Man, it's been a bit of a stressful few weeks! You might not know this, but I'm a teaching assistant at the university in the Theology department, and all the papers for the class I deal with were due, so it was epic paper marking time! I did read a lot of really great papers, and some... less successful efforts shall we say!

But I finished marking on Sunday, inputted all the marks on Monday, which means I'm done for the semester! Matthew and I leave on Friday to go visit family, however I shall try to keep with a semi regular updating schedule over the holidays :)

Onto the food!

I had a bit of puffed pastry left from the first use of it, so I decided to make a pie. Unfortunately, my pie pan was dirty, and being lazy I didn't feel like cleaning it... So I used a casserole dish. This was in error, I should have DEFINITELY gone pie pan, as it was a bit too deep to pull out pieces of it neatly, so the pictures aren't as pretty as I like. However, It did taste AMAZING, So I'm just going to let it go for now.

Vegetable Puffed Pastry Tart
Ingredients: (all of these are what I used for my dish, however they will alter slightly for different sized baking dishes!)
1 medium onion, sliced
2 medium potatoes, sliced
Enough puffed pastry to cover your dish
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 Cups Daiya Cheese

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350.
Roll out the dough, and cover your baking dish with it. Bake for about 10 minutes while you slice up all your veggies.
Remove the partially cooked dough from the oven, and begin layering all of the innards onto it. I did Potato, Tomato, onion, mushroom daiya in 2 layers, but do whatever feels right.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Remove, eat, enjoy!

Nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment