June 16, 2011

On Vacation with some Pancakes

It's rather nice being on vacation, and as I write my very first post for this new blog I'm starting, all of my family is down at the beach enjoying themselves.

Well, to be accurate, not all of my family, as I'm vacationing with my mother, the sister closest to my age (Krista), her fiance (Corey), and my fella. You can see Corey and Matthew chatting while soaking up some rays. (See above!)

Being on vacation, especially with a group of non-GFVs can present a bit of a problem.

However, with a big of pre-planning, and the grit to say "Sorry, I'm going to cook for myself!", you can enjoy some delicious foodstuffs, for me today namely GFV pancakes drizzled with melted chocolate and peanut butter.



These pancakes were simple to make, using one of my favorite newfound products in the fair USA- Gluten free Bisquick.

Bisquick Vegan Pancakes
Ingredients
1 Cup GF Bisquick
1 Cup non-dairy milk  (I used this thin coconut milk my mom got, but it's especially good with almond milk)
1 tbsp ground Flax seeds mixed with 2.5 tbsp room temperature water
2 tbsp vegetable oil OR melted Vegan Margarine

Directions
Mix together all of the ingredients, until no longer lumpy.
Heat a frying pan, and spray with a bit of cooking spray or oil.
Pour approx 1/4 cups of mixture at a time, cooking until edges get dry. Flip, and cook until browned on either side.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce
Now There are two ways to do this- Use the Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce (as I did for this, it's surprisingly vegan!)

Or!
Ingredients
2 tbsp Chocolate Chips
1 tbsp peanut butter

Directions
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate, and stir in the peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
You may have to spread rather than drizzle this concoction onto your Pancakes (Good on toast too!)


Non Gluten Free Option:
As a note, I checked out a box of normal bisquick, and these can be made in exactly the same way with normal bisquick if you aren't on a gluten free diet like I am! Everything else remains the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment