June 16, 2011

Evening Delight- Zucchini Pizza

When I'm on vacation, while everyone else eats communally, I tend to branch out and do my own thing, making a special meal for myself.

To give my family credit, they often do try to make something for me special, however often this turns out poorly, due to a lack of understanding about my dietary needs.

Veggie soup is great, but with barley in it I'm out of luck. Onions sauteed in butter? Sadly no. Rice cooked with a splash of chicken stock? Le sigh.

So it's easier in the long run to create my own stuff. However, I get the opportunity to make my own stuff like this personal pizza!







Quick and Easy Tomato Zucchini Pizza

Ingredients:
Crust:
2/3 cup GF Bisquick (or your own GF Blend)
1/6 Cup Oil
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 2.5 tbsp water
A liberal dash of salt, pepper, and basil.

Toppings:
1-1.5 cups daiya or your favorite brand vegan cheese (or more if you like it cheesy!)
1/2 tomato, diced fine
1/2 zucchini, diced fine
1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
1-2 tbsp olive oil.
Basil, Salt, and Pepper to Taste

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Mix together all of the crust ingredients until well blended. Press into a small pie pan, and bake for 10-15 minutes, until firmed up a bit.
While that is baking, chop your vegetables.
Combine the veggies with the oil, garlic, and spices in a bowl. mix in a bit of the cheese (for full cheese penetration.
Remove the pizza crust from the oven, and evenly spread the toppings on top of it. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top. I like to sprinkle more basil on it after that (I am a basil maniac) but use your own discretion there.
Bake for another 15-20 minutes, until veggies are all cooked up, and then remove, sliding the pizza onto a plate, and enjoying.

Non GF Variation:
Feel free to use a prepared pizza crust, or normal bisquick/flour to make this! It's super easy and nommable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment