July 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Covered Banana Waffles

So I'm at my mums. It's beautiful here, as she seems to live in some idyllic country-side manor. (All is great but for the bugs! Always the bugs!)

Check out this idyllic shot of what I get to look at as I eat my meals. What you can't see is that behind the deck is not one, but two gorgeous ponds, beautiful rolling green fields, and a forest in the background.

All my mums. Her place is gorgeous.

As I mentioned before, this often means that my food selections are limited at best. However, I managed to scrape together enough stuff to make me some delicious waffles!

I found a bag of pre-made gluten free mix (including Xanthan in it) so use a pre-made mix with xanthan, as I'm not sure how much you should use.

This makes enough for one big-ol belgian waffle, which was more than plenty for me.

I also used much more peanut butter than a normal person would. Use caution in your peanut butter saucing
Banana Waffle with Peanut Butter Maple Sauce
Ingredients:
Waffle:
1/2 Cup GF flour mix (or normal flour if not gluten free!)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup water
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp sugar
dash of salt

Peanut Butter Spread
2 tbsp peanut butter
3-4 tbsp maple syrup
3-4 tbsp water (for viscosity)

Directions:
First, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a bowl to combine well. 
Add in the water, banana, oil and vanilla, and stir until everything is nice and combined. 
Heat up your waffle iron, and spray with some non-stick spray, pouring the mixture on and spreading it out a bit, so that it forms roughly a circle (I'm terrible at making circular waffles!)
While that cooks, mix together your maple syrup, peanut butter, and water in a bowl. 
Nuke in the microwave for 30 seconds or so, and then take it out and mix it up. It should get nice and creamy while you mix it!
When the waffle is done, plop it onto a plate, and spread or squeeze the sauce on top. Then eat. EAT!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture of your mom's yard. I want to go there!

    And in response to your tweet telling someone that your mom thinks he's a handsome devil: she thought the secret service agent who she SPOKE WITH ON THE TELEPHONE was also handsome.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very very true! Mind you, she actually saw my friend in person... the secret service agent was on the phone, distinct difference, lol

    ReplyDelete