October 24, 2011

Sorry for the slowness, eat a salad!

Man, I am the worst blogger on the planet! Fear not, it should pick up soon, I just had a few setbacks this month, mostly dealing with trying to get student loans ironed out so I RECEIVE student loans!

I have successfully gotten the loans approved and am just waiting for it to arrive, so I can continue to go to school. In addition! I have been approved for a computer loan from the government, so I can turn in this sad little clunker (which now makes a rather concerning grinding noise when it is on) for a new streamlined machine. Worry not! Until I get that set up, I will continue to use this computer to update the blog, which should have more content very soon!

In other news, my stress over student loans made me reverse course on my healthiness, I have eaten more chips and french fries than I care to admit in the past two weeks. :(  le sad. However, I am trying to detox off of  my addiction to salty deep fried foods (my kryptonite) by spending two weeks on a sort of detox with lots of salads, veggies, brown rice, and fruit smoothies for breakfast. No fried foods, no junk foods, no candy, no refined sugars. It's a bit daunting, but I spent almost a year doing it, and didn't regret it the last time, so welcome to a healthier Natalia Eats (for the next two weeks anyway, then I will occasionally sway when I need a bit of fried tofu or something!) I will also include nutritional information from now on!

Also, welcome to my new lunch!
Cranberry Almond Spinach Salad
Ingredients:
3 cups Spinach
1/3 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp vinegar (I used Cider, because a gross spider snuck into my balsamic, and it grossed me out so I chucked it, but I usually use balsamic)
1 tbsp dijon mustard

Directions:
Combine the mustard, oil, and vinegar, and stir until combined.
Toss with the rest of the ingredients, and eat!

Nutritional Information:
Calories: 332
Fat: 18g
Carbs: 41g
Protein: 8g
Deliciousness: 8.5/10 noms

No comments:

Post a Comment