November 8, 2011

Getting over the Flu with Sweet Potatoes and Zucchini

So the past week my household (IE Matthew and I, the cats were fine) was stricken by the flu. Matthew got it far worse than I did, and didn't eat anything besides rice crackers and broth for a week, so his appetite is extremely diminished, and his stomach very sensitive, so I can't feed him anything too intense. But I worry about his health, as he hasn't been eating too many vegetables, so I decided to try to make something delicious, but not too flavorful, and still healthy.

I also like turning everything into pancakes. I could eat pancakes and waffles every day. And you can put so much stuff into them, if you cut it up small enough! (I don't have a waffle iron, hence why all you guys get is pancakes, but there's one on my wedding registry, so we've got the ol fingers crossed!)


Sweet Potato and Zucchini Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/2 a medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
1 smallish zuccini, grated
1 cup bisquick gluten free (or regular if you aren't hampered by gluten issues) Or really any pancake mix you want!
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 cup non-dairy milk

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
Heat a non-stick frying pan, and spray with cooking spray.
Drop a spoonful of the mixture into the heated pan, flattening it into a pancake shape.
Fry, flipping occasionally, until golden on the outside and cooked all the way through.
Then eat with gusto! (But not too much gusto if you're recovering from illness!


I also served it with the following Dipping Sauce (for me, Matthew ate em plain)
Veggie Pancake Dipping Sauce
Ingredients:
1 Part Ketchup
1 Part Dijon
1 Part Agave Syrup

Directions:
Mix together until combined, then either spread or dip or pour to your hearts content!

No comments:

Post a Comment