November 28, 2011

A simple Panini

I think all this taking care of Matthew (first with the bad flu, and then with his surgery) has worn me down a bit. I've had a sore throat for days and I'm exhausted. Trying to recoup today, relaxing, eating healthy foods, drinking lots of tea. Which brings me to my next point.

I have an obsession with Paninis. Matthew bought me a panini press a few years ago for Christmas, and I have been ridiculously addicted ever since.

I love that you can make almost ANYTHING into a panini! It's so delicious! So long as you have something to sandwich it between, anything can be a panini!

Tempeh and Sundried Tomato Panini
Ingredients:
1 Brown rice (or whatever your favorite is) wrap
1/3 cup Daiya Cheddar
4 chunks of sundried tomato, cut into little pieces
1/4 cups tempeh, cut into chunks
Basil, Oregano, Salt and Pepper, to taste


Directions:
Layer the Wrap with the ingredients.
Grill on a panini press.
Eat.

That's it!

However, if you don't have a panini press, don't fret! There are options!
1 option is to cook it on a grill or BBQ, squashing it down with a spatula. You can also use a frying pan with some non-stick spray on it, squashing it down with a spatula. Or you can get a stovetop grill, and use that as well! Waffle Iron? Do it up! George Foreman Grill? Works too!

So many options for panini fun, however Panini presses are awesome, and if you have a slot on your christmas list, or a few dollars extra hanging around, I would pick one up!

Look at that cheesy closeup!


1 comment:

  1. We just had this. The only change I made is we pan seared the tempeh first, and added avocado. This was great!

    ReplyDelete