January 24, 2012

A delicious Panini

I recently stumbled upon This. That looks pretty good, doesn't it?

Alas, not vegan, OR gluten free. I felt like this needed to be rectified. However, there's a problem.

I can't make grilled cheese sandwiches. I wish I was kidding about this, but I have never been able to cook grilled cheese. I always either burn them, or the cheese wasn't melted. I was terrible. TERRIBLE.

Until Matthew got me a panini press that is.

Guacamole and 'Cheese' Panini with Garlicy Potato Wedges
Ingredients
1/2 an avocado
1/2 a small tomato
a bit of garlic (to taste)
Lime juice (to taste)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Cheddar or Mozza Daiya (I like to pile it on myself)
2 Slices of gf bread
Some vegan margarine
1-2 potatoes
olive oil
salt & pepper
garlic powder
Dried Parsley
Directions
Set your oven to 425. 
Nuke the potatoes until almost cooked. Allow them to cool for a few minutes, and then cut them into wedges. Toss with the oil, and place onto a lined cookie sheet. 
Shake the spices onto the potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once, until the outsides are crispy. 
Meanwhile, spread the margarine onto the outside of your bread. Cover one slice with guacamole, and cover that with as much  Daiya as you like. Top with the second slice of bread. 
Either grill (if you are competent, which I am not) Or panini it until the cheese is all nice and melty. 
Cut in half, and serve with the potatoes, and some ketchup, if that's your preference. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a perfect lunch! Adding guacamole to a pressed sandwich is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete