February 8, 2012

The Easiest Soup you'll ever Eat

So I've been ridiculously lazy lately. Call it the stress of planning a wedding where everything is falling apart, or perhaps the course I'm taking, or researching my thesis, or even perhaps the cold frigid winter  is getting to me, but I've not wanted to do a damned thing lately. (Excuse the language)

This sadly has included cooking to any great degree. I've been lounging around eating cereal out of the box in my sweatpants, and it's frankly been really depressing as a whole.

So I decided to make something delicious and simple that could perhaps cheer me up slightly. I needed something that was the simplest thing I could think of, and I made my tomato cream soup.

Super Easy Tomato Cream Soup
Ingredients:
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 cup soy/almond/rice milk (whichever you prefer)
Basil, Salt, and Pepper (To taste)
Directions:
Chuck all the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. 
Transfer to a soup pot, and bring to a boil. 
Serve over Rice (if you want!)
If it's a bit too thin for you, and you like your soup thicker, feel free to add a bit of cornstarch (a tbsp or so) to the blender while you're blending it, and it will cook up thicker. 



No comments:

Post a Comment