April 27, 2012

Recovery Food

So I haven't been updating in a while, but trust me, it was for the best.

For those of you who don't know me, you were unaware that a few weeks ago, I contracted a nasty salmonella infection. You might be wondering "Wait a minute, she doesn't eat eggs! How did she get salmonella?" Well, you can get salmonella from lots of things, in my case we've narrowed it down to 2 possibilities: 1, A salad I ate, or 2, from contact with someone infected with it.

I knew I hated salads.

So anyway, I still have not quite recovered, and all I've been eating has been brown rice and peas, not exactly bloggable food by any stretch of the imagination, as brown rice and peas tends to be not very exciting in general.

I decided to mix it up a bit yesterday, and made something equally as safe on the tummy, but with a bit more of a deliciousness factor. So I made some flavored polenta.

Easy Bok Choy and Mushroom Flavored Polenta
Ingredients:
1 cup Mushroom Broth (if you don't like mushroom broth, use whatever kind you want)
4 tbsp Cornmeal or dry polenta (these are technically the same thing, just named differently)
a few baby bok choys, chopped up. (Can't find Bok Choy? Spinach is a good alternative)

Directions
Mix together the cornmeal and broth. Bring to a boil.
Stir while boiling until it is nice and thick.
Add in the bok choy, and cook until the dark green parts are nice and bright green. (I cooked mine from frozen, so they took a little extra, but it should take under a minute!)
Transfer to bowl and eat! It's that easy. And my stomach didn't reject it!


No comments:

Post a Comment