April 13, 2012

Taking Sponge Toffee to it's Next Logical Conclusion

No big post, just two pictures about what I did with my sponge toffee! Why Han Solo, you might be asking? Because it was the only mold I had that was big enough to make a chocolate bar with, a gift from my cousin Amelia at christmas... also you can see part of the mold didn't quite temper properly, however I figure practice makes perfect!


Basically you melt a chocolate bar, and fill a silicone mold 1/3 of the way. Tap it on the counter to get rid of any bubbles, and stick it in the fridge for about 1 minute. Crumble up some sponge toffee, and top the poured chocolate with it. Cover that with more chocolate, tapping the mold a few time to dispel any bubbles. Stick in the freezer a few minutes until fully set. Pull the sides of the mold to loosen it, and push it out. Then you have a crunchy bar! If you want it to look super pretty, don't forget to Temper it!


Look at the crunchy goodness! Mine looks ragged on the edges because I didn't quite have enough chocolate to reach the top of the mold. It's still pretty good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment