August 11, 2012

Coconut Waffles with Carmelized Bananas

I love waffles... so very very much!

My awesome cousin Bobby and his lovely wife Linda had gotten me a waffle maker back in December, but in the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it got forgotten at my grandmother's house! So I was without Belgian Waffles for many months, still knowing that they existed in potentia, but unable to savor them in my physical existence.

Luckily, my mom brought them back to her house with her when leaving my grandmothers, so I was able to acquire it while home for the wedding. The day after I got back I made these.

Coconut Waffles with Carmelized Bananas

Ingredients
2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup applesauce
A dash of cinnamon
a tsp vanilla
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 banana, cut into slices and dipped in sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Maple Syrup and Extra coconut milk for drizzling


Directions:
Combine The pancake mix, coconut milk, applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon and 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Mix together. Add in a bit of water if the batter is too thick. 
Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on medium heat, and heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add the sugar coated banana slices, and fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until they are browned all over. Set aside. 
Heat your waffle iron, and coat with some oil using a pastry brush (or spray with some pam, whatever)
Add enough batter to cover the iron. (Mine is quite large, so my batter made 2 1/2 waffles, yours might make more or a little less)
When the waffles are cooked, remove, and top with the bananas, some syrup, and any remaining coconut milk from the can! 
It's super good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment