October 11, 2012

Carrot Onigiri

I sometimes get lazy, but want to fool myself into thinking what I'm eating is fancy, simply to make myself feel better. So I make simple yet fancy feeling foods.

Like this Carrot Onigiri!

Simple Carrot Onigiri

Ingredients:
Cooked sushi Rice, seasoned with Mirin
Shisho Rice flavoring sprinkles (optional)
Nori, cut into strips
1 Carrot, steamed and mashed

Directions:
I used a triangle press, but if you don't have one, you can use your hands to form the shapes. Take a small handful of rice with wet hands, and place in the press, pushing down. (Or flatten it down with your hands) Add a spoonful of the carrot.
Place another handful on top, and press it down again.
Add a strip of nori on the bottom, and sprinkle with shisho sprinkles or sesame seeds.
Nom!

I ate it with some Spicy Vegannaise! Just mix a spoonful of vegannaise with some sriracha sauce to taste, and use it as a dipping sauce!


No comments:

Post a Comment