October 6, 2012

Easy Salt and Pepper Tofu

I have been having a bit of a lazy week, with lots of peanut butter and crackers, plain rice with steamed veggies... very uninspiring to be honest.

It's also Canadian Thanksgiving, but the hubs be working, and I'm not visiting family this year, so I had to fill my day with some sort of food to be thankful for.

So I made one of my favorite dishes- Salt and Pepper Tofu.



Easy Salt and Pepper Tofu

Ingredients
Tofu, cut into cubes- medium firm to extra firm
Cornstarch
Salt, Pepper, Chili Flakes
Oil, for frying.

Directions
Heat your oil in a large skillet, enough so there's a nice layer of it in the pan.
Toss the tofu in some cornstarch, and add a few at a time, frying them, flipping them constantly, so that all the sides get nice and golden toasty.
Remove from the oil, and immediately toss with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Be generous with it! It's what makes it so yummy! Place on some newspaper to drain any remaining oil.
Continue with the rest of the tofu!


I served mine with some leftover basmati rice from the night before, stirfried with some frozen mixed vegetables, fresh garlic and freshly ground ginger... it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment